Sunday, March 11, 2007

I was overjoyed to visit my local nursery yesterday. Spring is here and the place was full of lovely plants. I yielded to the temptation and brought saplings of Lantana, Peperomia and some cacti to add to the glory of my Garden. Its again raining cats and dogs since the last two days .It really is strange for this time of the year to rain so much. I am not much of a weather person so I cannot comment if it’s due to man playing havoc with nature or some plain natural variation but whatever it is, it certainly has postponed the planting of my new acquisitions.

8 comments:

Tira said...

How nice to see what your local nursery looks like. What are the red flowers?nd also the blue spike flowers? They are quite pretty.

Gowri said...

I loved the pansies! They look vibrant!

A wildlife gardener said...

I love pansies. The flowers always seem to me to look like faces. The rain in Scotland affects the larger heads, so I grow the smaller violas instead.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

How nice that you found some plants to take home from the local nursery. You will be able to plant them soon. Rain is good for the plants and the earth so be patient, your sunshine will come!

Love the pansies, I have some pots with them too now. How amusing that we can have the same plants outside in our gardens while you are in India and I am in the Netherlands.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

I love lantana, does it draw butterflys to your garden as it does in mine?

Green thumb said...

Nicole,the red and the blue flowers are Poppies and Delphinium, respectively.
Thanks Thalia,Wildlife gardener,and Yolanda for your nice words about pansies.
Iowa Gardening Woman,you are right about Lantana attracting butterflies.In my garden,Phloxes give a competition to Lantana for the butterflies.

Manjari said...

"WOW" is the thing which I could say. Beautiful Blog with incredible pics...

Blue Madrid said...

Great readding your blog

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin