Monday, April 9, 2007

Picture this!

Gardening is such a cool hobby that unless you are to step in the outer space, there always will be something interesting. Jaipur, besides presenting me with some breathtaking sceneries and palaces, had these lovely pots and plants. Certain things catch your attention for their beauty as much as their uniqueness. I saw this lovely blue pot planted with Syngonium podophyllum in the lobby of the hotel, where I was staying. Something as simple as a pot can actually go a long way in accentuating a beauty manifolds Beautiful Amaryllis blooming in the Hotel Garden. Adenium, a beauty par excellence! I have a few in my collection as well but this one is from the Hotel garden. I didn’t see many of this size in my local nursery and found myself wishing for a similar fate to the babies in my garden In the premises of Birla Mandir, was this captivating tree with its yellow flowers providing a perfect contrast to the blue sky! I still don’t know the name of this beauty, maybe my blogger friends can help me with this identity search! The Hotel outdoors had these tray gardens on display. Containing some lovely plants in an arrangement, they just stole my heart. I couldn’t help but capture a few of them in my camera. That gives me an idea of having one for my own collection

7 comments:

Tira said...

I enjoyed these photos. Seeing different and exotic places and gardens is always exciting. I believe the yellow tree is yellow poui, which we have in the Caribbean,and which flowers in April. I have the pink, which is more hurriane resistant, in my garden.

Tira said...

I enjoyed these photos. Seeing different and exotic places and gardens is always exciting. I believe the yellow tree is yellow poui, which we have in the Caribbean,and which flowers in April. I have the pink, which is more hurriane resistant, in my garden.

Andrea's Garden said...

The pictures are absolutely great again. I really enjoy reading your blog and looking at the pictures. You asked about the purple flowers in one of my pics. It is called Phlox douglasii and usually used in stone gardens. Must be watered in dry summers, blooms from April through May. Best wishes, Andrea

Gowri said...

Dear Green Thumb,
The tree with the yellow flowers is Tabebui aurea also called the Caribbean Trumpet tree, I have one tree on a street near my house, it looks beautiful!

I loved concept of tray gardens,thanks for sharing the pictures of those. I am inspired to make such tray gardens myself!

Gotta Garden said...

Isn't that neat that you can ask...and presto, get the answer! It's a gorgeous tree. I see why you like it, although I think I've not seen it before.

I do the same thing...have camera, will travel!....beautiful garden-y things to see there! Love those tray gardens, too...little worlds all their own! Fascinating!

Garden Cats + Crafts said...

Thank you for stopping in my blog and for your nice compliments. I must say, your garden ist so beautiful, too. I see very wonderful pictures and I love your little arrangements. I will come back to your blog again.

Upland Blinds said...

Greeat blog you have

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin