Thursday, June 14, 2007

Garden Bloggers Blooms Day June 2007

Time seems to be flying. A month has flown past and before I realise, it is time again for Garden blogger bloom's day. I love this post for the sweet effort it requires. A leisurely stroll in the garden, few clicks of the camera, a narcissistic view of your blooms and sharing it with others, Its Fun. Here goes my Bloom list. SUN flowers in my garden! Dianthus- seems like nature’s practicing ‘Tie and dye’!!! Canna Lily, or 'Keli' in local language, is enjoying sun to its fullest. Rangoon creeper once again! Its flowering and its addicting aroma won’t let me miss repeating it in the post. Zany Zinnias with fan like petals. Celosias glowing like velvet in the sun. Lily having a ‘Ball’ Bougainvillea- something I hope will provide company for all the blogger’s bloom days in my life! Buddha belly plant- giving out some lovely flowers, from a belly swollen extra with pride! Sanchezia speciosa juts out its tubular flowers. An amusing entry here- The flower of the corn plant, peeping from behind the veil of green leaves. No green thumb required for growing this one. Although it is a weed, but its beautiful silvery white flowers makes it unfair for it to be dismissed so.

19 comments:

Carol Michel said...

It is interesting how many flowers you have that I can't grow, but then we have zinnias and corn in common (though neither of mine are anywhere near ready to bloom). Thank you for paticipating again in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

Christa said...

I love your cheerful sunflowers. I wish I could have a bougainvillea plant like that -- I love its flowers. Happy Bloom Day!

Colleen Vanderlinden said...

Your Bougainvillea and Cannas are just beautiful! I think it's wonderful that the same plants that are growing in my Michigan garden (zinnias, sunflowers, corn, and celosia) are growing in India as well.

Happy Bloom Day!

yum said...

Hi,

Its been a while since Ive had time for blogging but your flowers are beautiful as always! I really love the canna lillies, I am partial to yellow and orange flowers :)

Anonymous said...

Flowers really tie people together don't they! Those zinnias could be anywhere and when mine start blooming, I'll share them with you!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

What a treat to see flowers in bloom in your garden that over here can only be grown indoors. Even the weeds look spectaculair! :-)

Tie and dye Dianthus, I like it!!!

Entangled said...

Buddha belly plant - what a cool name! I got a late start on my zinnias, and didn't get my sunflowers planted at all this year, so thanks for sharing yours!

kate said...

Oh I would love to be in your garden to see all the beautiful blooms, Green Thumb. The Rangoon Creeper has beautiful flowers and I can only imagine that its scent is sublime.

The lily is gorgeous as are the Canna lilies. I think your weed doesn't look like a weed ... the white flowers are pretty!

Happy Weekend to you!

QT said...

The canna is gorgeous - mine isn't even close to blooming yet, I will have to wait another month and a half yet. I wish I could smell the Rangoon Creeper as it looks divine.

Linda said...

I love the Buddha belly plant ... a fascinating name for a fascinating plant. Lovely photos.

Tira said...

I love the sunflowers, bougainvillea-what unusual shade combo!-canna and Buddha belly plant. My mother had a Buddha belly plant when I was a child-it was almost always in bloom an d required almost no care. I will certainly get one if I see one.

Wicked Gardener said...

I've never heard of Rangoon Creeper before but your picture and discription sold me. And the Internet says it should do well in Florida - Yay!!! Thanks!

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hej, that is hallo in swedish. It´s so nice to visit your lovely blog to see all the exotic plants and the exotic names, Buddha......funny!

A wildlife gardener said...

Your 'weeds' are an amazing colour! And your exotic flowers are mesmerising to me, as I could only grow them indoors. It's wonderful to see them growing in situ.

Andrea's Garden said...

As always, wonderful! Even your "weeds" look great. I hope to post some new pictures today if I find time. I am trying to catch up a bit. I updated my "cat blog" yesterday. Garden will be next. Thanks for stopping by again. Andrea

Connie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. It is so interesting to see the plants you grow there and to know we share some common ones, though we are half a world apart!

Annie in Austin said...

How colorful and lovely, India Gardener! We can grow some of the same plants, but Rangoon Creeper is just a little out of range- darn it - I've heard the fragrance is wonderful.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I knew!

Anonymous said...

в конце концов: превосходно!! а82ч

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin