Friday, April 8, 2011

Exotica

It is a beautiful season. There is magic in the air and on the ground as well! looking at the profuse blooms gives a joy unparalleled in nature. This year I added some new flowers to my collection and thankfully they have all bloomed, with the unfortunate exception of Tulips. It may be the weather... or soil...or plain bad luck, but the Tulips have not blessed my garden by blooming. Silver lining is that the local nursery guy has taken a fancy for Tulips after looking at the awesome curiosity and demand they generated, so I can look forward to pushing my luck again next year. That’s what i love about gardening - the potential for continuous change. It raises my oxytocin levels to no end to see these exotic flowers blooming here in my garden. In fact the desire to flaunt these exotica pushed me out of my extreme lethargy to write this blog post :-) Liliums... Primroses... Hyacinths... are the first time bloomers. There were many issues i had with life in a small city, and not getting flower seeds/bulbs of my choice was one of them. But there seems to be a change in the air. The tastes of people are changing. And, thankfully, some nurseries here are receptive of the changing tastes.They have stocked up on many hybrids and different varieties of flowering plants. I think I can look forward to a good gardening season ahead.

29 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Beautiful flowers.

FlowerLady

Randy Emmitt said...

Loved the liliums. The last red primrose looks exactly like a 10 year old one in our garden, ours is huge though.

Julie said...

You've got some gorgeous color going on now!!! I am seeing so much more coming into the garden centers here as well...lots of new hybrids!!! Too much fun I say!!!!!

Ivor said...

Lovely blooms and colors, they look so fresh and healthy. Especially like the first three.

lotusleaf said...

Lovely flowers! It is difficult to grow them here. The iris bulbs I brought from the Himalayas are thriving, but not blooming.

Cosmos said...

Beautiful flowers with all different colours on display! Though the display is delayed it is worth.

Matron said...

Surely you mean serotonin or dopamine?? :-)

Shraddha said...

beautiful lilies ! And your simple way of writing .

Outdoor Garden Furniture said...

Beautiful and fabulous captures of flowers.I also have some lilies in my garden area.

sangeeta said...

Those hyacinths are so rare ..Nice to know that you are getting them easily.

The tulip bulbs will be there for the next season too i guess , you don't need to get new bulbs.

kanak7 said...

Lovely blooms! I did grow a few liliums this year but primroses don't do well here. We get to see some cold climate flowers...I keep wondering how these nursery owners do it. I'd love to grow hyacinths in the future. I'll be on the lookout!:)

radha said...

Beautiful flowers

Kate/ Beyond the Brambles said...

You have such a lovely array of flowers in full bloom. Spring gets my hormones going too!

AARTI GOYAL said...

This site is awesome. I like the pictures and especially the template you use
http://whitefun.blogspot.com/
http://whitefun.blogspot.com/2011/04/beautiful-handbags.html

angel said...

hi am from surat gujarat can any give me tulip bulb or this is awesome i wana put in my garden my dream garden

Christina said...

Lovely flowers
===========
mhmgc

Tahir Iqbal said...

Best Nail Art of 2011
Best Ladies Handbags
Most Beautiful Bangles

PatioPatch said...

Your blooms certainly lifted my Oxytocin levels. Wonder if you have the scarlet lily beetle that is the new pest on lilies here in the UK

shivani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shivani said...

hey..i'm plannin to start a terrace garden..i'm thinkin o'plantin herbs..please can u suggest me the places i shoukd check out for them?..i have no clue where to begin from..i live in delhi..you've ny idea o'the places i should go to?

hiren said...

i liked the lillium pics. Very informative blog. hope to visit it often.

sweta said...

So colorful.. Great work..

pratik said...

I have recently gotten into gardening myself for the sake of herbal medicines. Your love of gardening and the knowledge you have can, I think, come in handy here http://www.jaagore.com/project/herbal-garden-and-training-centre I am an ardent supporter of herbalogy and am always on the lookout for chance to learn something new. We should meet some time and share our ideas. Sorry do not have a blog/site yet.

Jobs In India said...

Really very beautiful flowers.

Nupur Srivastava said...

Loved your blog doctor......I am a new gardening enthusiast.Would like to learn few tips if you could provide....my email ID is nupur.srivastava@gmail.com
I am not too far from Saharanpur....Hope you have heard Basti(U.P.) Hope to see your reply in my email.

Adnan said...

Beautiful Flowers.We can only grow these things in our winters.

flowers delivery vaughan said...

Hi, The topic that you have discussed in the post is really amazing, I think now I have a strong hold over the topic after going through the post. I will surely come back for more information.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Where did you got seeds for these flowers?

Nitin

Sofia Sana said...

I too face many issues i had with life in a even in a big city, and not getting flower seeds/bulbs of my choice was one of them.
Thanks for sharing this. Nice post!

Post free ads for buy, sell, jobs, real estate, rent...


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin